Simulation and 3D printing
Unfortunately this service is currently suspended because the equipment was destroyed in the fire suffered by the department in which it was placed.
We are providing for a more powerful equipment and able to operate with more materials.
This service allows you to take your design from CAD to a three-dimensional in hours, not days or weeks. Compared to wax or other forms of 3D printing, our ABS prototypes provide a higher level of detail. The prototype with 3D printing allows you to see your product and catch design flaws before going into production, saving you both time and money. If the prototype is made up of several pieces, these are assembled together well, thus providing an aid indispensable to detect possible errors, in a phase in which it is still relatively inexpensive to intervene. The models can be created in a few hours and they are tough enough to be used as working parts. The models can be sanded, painted, tapped and drilled, even chrome plated. In this way, the printing of the 3D CATAS reduces development time, thus accelerating the introduction of the product to the market. This activity of CATAS offers a fast, low-cost alternative to traditional rapid prototyping for building concept and working models. Catas ensures absolute confidentiality in the work that will be commissioned for the protection of intellectual property.
- Printer: Dimension Elite FDM technology
- Layer thickness: 0.178 mm or 0.254 mm (0.007 or 0,010 in)
- Build size: 203x203x305 mm (8x8x12 in)
- Model material: P430 ABS plus in ivory, white, black, red, olive green, nectarine, fluorescent yellow, blue or grey
- Print files: files used for printing must be .stl saved in high quality. Otherwise all the 3D solid design files can be used. These files will be transformed by Catas into files .stl
- Manufacturing firms who wish to see the product before making moulds and/or prototypes with the possibility to have a series, limited in the number of finished and functional mockups.
- Commercial companies working in the field of decorative objects and advertising.
- Designers who wish to verify the appearance and functionality of the objects designed by them before starting production. There is simply no substitute for the tactile and visual feedback a physical model can provide. This Catas service also allows to experiment with new ideas and numerous design iterations - without extensive time or tooling expense.
- Architects and design engineers who want to make architectural 3D models that are proportionately scaled and stand up to multiple showings. CAD files, prints and renderings become physical 3D models so that everyone can accurately review concepts and minimize change requests.
- Product engineers who want to create models to assist in tooling, like jigs and fixtures, models to assist in testing functionality, and can even use this Catas service to create finished parts and products.
- People who want to see the realization of their idea, verifying the functionality, at a reasonable cost and in a short time.